Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Adventure Travel Asia: Bali, Indonesia (Tanah Lot)

Tanah Lot

Tanah Lot is the second-most famous temple in Bali. It's situated at the edge of the island. Unlike Uluwatu on the cliffs, you find Tanah Lot along the beaches.

There are no monkeys in this area.









The temples are under renovation so you can't go around to see what's inside.

We saw a group of people gathering around the cliffside. They have this "holy snake" which you can see in exchange for a small donation. They said it is for good luck.



It looked normal to me. So when I asked the guide why it's holy, he said that it was found on the temple grounds. If the snake same snake was found somewhere else, would it still be holy? I wonder.

The view again is breathtaking especially from the higher points of the area.





1 comments:

srisahara said...

Tanah Lot, I love the temple. When I visit the temple, I feel that the temple full of traditional culture that still live in local community.

Post a Comment